The Family Birth Centre provides a comfortable home-like environment in which to have an active birth. The Birth Centre is available to both public and private patients regardless of where they live.
The Centre is located on-site at KEMH and provides care for healthy women who anticipate a normal pregnancy and birth.
Due to high demand, places in the Family Birth Centre are limited so please book in early.
- Four birth suites comfortably furnished with double beds and easy chairs
- Individual garden courtyards
- En-suite shower and toilet
- A large bath for use during labour and/or waterbirth
- Kitchen for food preparation and food storage for families
Services and Features
- Midwifery led care through team midwifery
- Parent Education Classes
- Family room with dining facilities
- Children's play area
- Access to KEMH if required
- Discharge within 24 hours of your birth
- Visiting Midwifery Service
Links and More Information
To contact the Family Birth Centre call (08) 6458 1800.