Rockingham General Hospital provides care for low and medium risk women. Midwives, Consultant obstetricians, GP obstetricians, paediatricians and anaesthetists work collaboratively to provide a women-centred quality service.
The hospital has recently undergone extensive refurbishment and expansion and now has five birth suites, 20 maternity beds and a neonatal unit with four cots.
Private and public care options are available.
Rockingham General Hospital provides public maternity care to women living within the following postcodes: 6165, 6167-6176 .
- Five birth suites
- 20 maternity beds with en-suite facilities
- TV in all rooms including Birth Suites
- Client/Visitor lounge with beverage facilities
Services and Features
- Low-medium risk deliveries
- Visiting hours:
- 8am - 1pm
- 3pm - 8pm
- Mum and baby one-on-one time 1pm - 3pm
- Obstetric clinic
- Lactation clinic twice weekly
- Visiting Midwifery Services
- Level 2a neonatal nursery with four cots
- Dietitian service
- Diabetes education
- Parent education classes
- Child health nurse
- Mental health services
- Social work services
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- Interpreter Service
Tours are conducted on a regular basis. Please contact the maternity unit - email@example.com
Additional service available for pregnant women:
Pregnancy, Birth & Baby helpline
24 hr Service 7 days/week
Tel: 1800 882 436
Women's and Newborns information