Family and domestic violence toolbox


Screening, Assessment and Referral forms

All three forms can be ordered via the online ordering catalogue, or go to (external site).

For WACHS clinicians the three forms are available via iProcurement

The medical record numbers (MRN) are standard across all WA Health sites.

For further queries, please contact

Referral pathways

The Women's Health Strategy and Programs has developed a customisable referral pathway for identifying and responding to disclosures of family and domestic violence.

The Family and Domestic Violence Unit (CPFS) has produced a comprehensive Referral Guide to Domestic Violence Services in Western Australia. This guide lists relevant support services throughout WA and is updated yearly. This and other useful resources can be found under the “CRARMF” section on the Department for Child Protection and Family Services website.


WHSP resources

Family and Domestic Violence (FDV) video’s

Resources from other organisations

Family Safety Pack: (available in 46 Languages). The Australian Government has developed a Family Safety Pack for men and women coming to Australia.

1800 RESPECT (external link)
1800 RESPECT (Language other than English) (external site)
Elder abuse suspicion index (external)
GP Toolkit (external)
NEFTA Best Practice Guide for Working with Communities Affected by FGM/C
NEFTA support and education program

Support services

24 Hour Crisis Helplines

Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline 
9223 1188
1800 007 339

Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline
9223 1199
1800 000 599

Crisis Care
9223 1111

Mental Health Emergency Response Line (MHERL)
1300 555 788 (Perth Metro)
1800 676 822 (Peel Residents)

WA Police
131 444

Other helplines

Elder Abuse Helpline
1300 724 679
8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday

Legal Aid WA InfoLine
1300 650 579
8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday

Kids Helpline (24 hour)
1800 551 800

Translating and interpreting service (24 hour)
13 14 50

Aboriginal support services

Yorgum Aboriginal Corporation - 9218 9477
Derbarl Yerrigan Health Service

Domestic Violence Advocacy and Support Central

Domestic Violence Advocacy and Support Central (DVAS Central) is a free service which helps people who have experienced, or are at risk of domestic violence access support. DVAS provides people with a safe and friendly environment to access advocacy, legal and DCP services. DVAS Central can also help men who are experiencing domestic violence by helping them access appropriate information and services.

Domestic Violence Legal Unit

The Legal Aid WA Domestic Violence Legal Unit assists women who are experiencing domestic violence, including assistance with restraining order matters. It is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Legal Aid can also offer advice on family law and children’s matters.

Legal Aid WA InfoLine – 1300 650 579

Elder abuse

Advocare can provide advocacy, information and education to older people who are victims or potential victims of abuse from family or friends.

Family and Domestic Violence Response Teams

Family and Domestic Violence Response Teams (FDVRT) are located throughout WA and are a co-ordinated service response between the Department for Child Protection and Family Support, WA Police and non-government domestic violence services. They aim to provide timely and early intervention following a police call out to a domestic violence incident.

Family Violence Services

Family Violence Services provide free and confidential information advocacy and support to people who have experienced violence in their relationships. These services are available at the following courts: Armadale; Fremantle; Joondalup; Midland; Perth Central Law Courts; and Rockingham Justice Complex.

CaLD Support Services

LGBTI services

Living Proud

Women's Health Centres

Women's Health Services provide quality, holistic healthcare services to enable women to make informed decisions regarding their health and lifestyle.

A list of Women’s Health Centres in WA.

Women’s Refuge Accommodation

Women’s Refuges provide safe, temporary accommodation and associated support services to women and children in crisis and needing to escape domestic and family violence situations. Most do not accept families homeless for other reasons. In the Perth metropolitan area, women’s refuges can be accessed by contacting either:

Other helpful links